View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I am not a member, but have been in car clubs in the past. Here is what I have seen, and why some clubs die or do not grow. When they first get state there is lots of excitement and lots of people involved, then the club ages, people get busy with other things, life takes over, only a few people are actually running the show and they get over worked and leave. The people who are still involve are older therefore the younger crowed does not want to be with the older folks and same in reverse. Even if you get the range of ages in the group activities both want to do are different.

The reason I am not a member and I did look into joining, life took over, I had too many family and work commitments to add another one. I really wanted to join since I want to get involved with the track days and such this is something I never did in previous clubs and they did not offer this. I personally do not mind hanging with the younger crowed, but I know people my age and older who do not like the younger people for various reason. My son and all his friend are always at my place working on their cars and fixing them since I have more tools than any of them and they like talking to me and I like talk to them since I learn lots from them.

Just my two cents without answering you questionnaire
Appreciate 0