Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
I'd bet anything giac has 10% or less of the customers that Cobb has. That plus the fac that you can LOG with the ap is why there are more reported issues. With giac you have to log with bt (extra $) and most wont go through the trouble and will consequently never report anything.

Cobb's issues with limps, etc are the result of tons more customers and numerous editions of the programming.
Agreed. Not arguing against it. It is the way it is.

One thing though: Cobb with all those tons of customers and numerous editions of programming *SHOULD* have taken care of all those driveability issues by now, don't you think? I mean why would a company risk their image in their customers by releasing unrefined, untested stuff out there?

Ask yourself one question: would your rather be driving your car knowing that it has well tested and well sorted software and the engine will do exactly as you command it with your right foot, or would you rather constantly have to log shit to convince yourself that things are not messed up after a firmware update from Cobb?

When it comes to me: I want to drive my car and have the piece of mind that the software won't do anything funky when exiting a corner or cruising on the highway.