View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #30
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
Much like so many others on here, I was never intending on making performance upgrades to my car. I was definitely about helping maintain the longevity of the car, so things like an oil catch can seemed smart, but not really a performance upgrade. However, now that my CPO warranty has run out, that last little bit of inhibition has been removed. Once I had the catch can in I knew that it was time for an FMIC, because hey, it just helps the car run better - ETS FMIC ordered. I should help the car breathe better with a better intake - DCI installed. Since I already have a DCI, I might as well continue to help the engine flow better - VRSF downpipes ordered. With the dp's comes the dpfix...or do I just return the dp fix I bought and put it towards a JB4? Terry says he'd be happy to oblige. So, aside from this being another annoying "hey guys what should I do" thread....

Hey guys, what should I do? Buy the JB4 and continue down the rabbit hole
Without a tune, you spent a lot of money only to decrease the overall quality of your car. Because trust me, almost any OEM part is better designed and integrated with the car than the aftermarket equivalent, and I say this from a lot of experience. Only do aftermarket stuff when you have a purpose, like increasing power over the limits of what the stock hardware can do.

And if you will get a tune, do yourself a favor and avoid piggybacks. Those are some of the most unpredictible parts you can install in your car.
Appreciate 0