flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
LOL, he's moved onto the darkside (C63 AMG)

Nice, but damn 1400 for an LSD and 500-600 for install (around 2g's ) is pretty steep!!
Well, if you put it into perspective, a diff purchase/install is less than the cost for a typical set of 19-inch alloy wheels with PS2 runflats.

So, what is the trade off?

Unfortunately, you can't see a Quaife or Wavetrac, but you could sure feel the vast improvement in handling response it provides, more so than a shiny new set of wheels and tires, because the DTC strobe light would not be flashing in your face constantly as you thrash your vehicle on the ramps and sweepers around town. I would even hazard a guess that 1/4 mile times would increase because both rear wheels will be transmitting all that torque and power to the pavement, rather than just one wheel.

Sure, a new set of rims and tires is sexier than a diff, but one is for show, the other is for GO!!! or style vs. substance....

If this were on HGTV's Bang for Your Buck Show, I would receive 150% of my investment in terms of fully realizing the potential of the N54 platform.

The LSD install is the most important mod IMHO, because it brings the 335i performance capabilities to near M3 levels without the added cost of an M3.
Appreciate 0