Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 335i

Garage List
How to use write_fvin in tool32

Quote:
Originally Posted by srohang1 View Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions. After messing around in INPA I did find the ZUSB number by choosing E90, then when the menu list came up the top option was selected (first option listed above engine, transmission, chassis etc.), then I selected 'Functional Jobs', and finally I selected F2 (I think) to see the identity # of the different modules in my car.

I was able to use winKFP to program the FRM2 and tools32 to write the VIN using the script fvin. BTW DESI, in winKFP my module was under the FRM2 ecu type when I entered my ZUSB, but I did see the FRMPL2 type there as well...

OK, so now here is my problem, FML...I have coded a few things to the .MAN file for welcome lights, but nothing has changed. When I lock my car, the regular lights still flash twice and when I unlock the doors, only the door handle lights and interiors come on. I have attached the .MAN file that I coded.

Any ideas???? I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out.......

here are the welcome light values to save time from looking at the man file:

WELCOME_LIGHT_ACTIVE
aktiv
WL_AL
hart_einschalten
WL_BLK_H
nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_V
soft_einschalten
WL_DAUER
wert_01
WL_FL
nicht_aktiv
WL_KZL
soft_einschalten
WL_MAX_DAUER
wert_01
WL_NSL
nicht_aktiv
WL_NSW
soft_einschalten
WL_POL
hart_einschalten
WL_SL_1
hart_einschalten
WL_SL_2
hart_einschalten

Any ideas???? DESI, I know it's a pain, but if you could help me out and send me your .man file of your NFRM so I can compare them that would help me out so damn much. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out.......
I have a question about the following:
I was able to use winKFP to program the FRM2 and tools32 to write the VIN using the script fvin.

I have figured out how to use winkfp to update the FRM2 but now I have searched all over the place and can't figure out how to use tool32 to write the vin. It is in german so I can't read the comments which may help. But the steps I am taking is to
1) connect cable to car, connect cable to laptop via usb
2) open INPA to make sure I have two black dots which tells me everything is connected.
3) open tool32 and load FRM_70.PRG cause I believe that is the ecu for the FRM2 module(Please correct me if I am wrong, I am new to coding and tool32)
4)scroll down to read_fvin hit f5 and look at job results(when I do this I see the vin of the last vehicle this was attached to not mine)
5) here's where I should be able to use the write_fvin to write my vin to the frm2 module..(here's where I'm confused cause when I select fvin it says 1 argument: fvin and that entire box is yellow, so I enter my entire vin in the line below argument, the one with the empty drop down, and then I hit f5 but the results say error_vin or something to that effect, I am at work and can't remember the exact wording. But it won't write my vin)

So please can someone please give me some simple steps I can follow to fix this?

Thanks

11' 335i -M-Sport/LeMans Blue Metallic/Sport/Premium/AT - Current
06' 325i -Base/Arctic Metallic/MT - Retired
Appreciate 0