04-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc View Post
Looking for opinions on this deal from people who have bought recently and have an idea on what's realistically acheivable. Managed to negotiate a 12.5%discount and 8% APR on a PCP deal with my local dealer on a 320d M Sport. Just wondered if that seems about right and if the APR on BMW finance can be squeezed lower?

Also, on the spec. has anyone experience of the Individual Sun Protection Glass? Is it good enough to negate the need for blinds?

Thanks.
It's not a terrible rate at the moment for PCP, but the cheapest personal loan rates are 6.3% and that should be your target.

Discount looks great, but drive the deal are offering 17% off (£22,810) at the moment - if you are not tradin in it would be worth a look.

With regard to the PCP structure, you need to watch the retained value. I found that they were artificially low, which costs you in the end.

You might be better getting a personal loan offer (look at moneysupermarket.co.uk) and asking BMW to match it for straightforward HP.

Monthly costs might increase, but it will be a better deal overall.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the payments down a lease purchase scheme will probably work out cheaper for you than a PCP, but you will have to take the risk on the trade in value.

The 320d msports hold their price REALLY well though and if you bought at the drive the deal price I reckon year one depreciation would be EXTREMELY low.
Appreciate 0