View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
CTDrifter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
Modded my first 335 with springs, struts and sway bars, and made all the difference in the world. Unfortunately I did it all at once to save on labor costs so I cant say how much each individual component did but in the research I did on sway bars and the end result, I would say they are a pretty big help.
I had the eibach pro kit with the konis and hotchkis sway bars, was a very good setup, handling was much better but without sacrificing too much in the comfort area. If you are going to do all of them eventually you may want to consider doing them at one time because (and I may be wrong)I remember to do the rear they had to drop the whole backend and that can be costly $$$ doing it more than once. At the time I got it done the M3 arms were not out yetso I di not get them.
I went with KW V1 and M3 arms up front. I figured I'll see how the car feels and then add sway bars after if I think I need them. I do all the work myself so install cost is nothing (other than alignment) plus I consider turning wrenches half the fun.

Quote:
^And while you are there do m3 subframe bushings. By themselves a big improvement.
I read this all the time and plan on doing it in the future but even with 60K on my car I dont feel like the rear end is all that sloppy. Maybe once I tighten up the front it will expose the issues in the rear.
Appreciate 0