View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
If you had had an amp on the underseats, it would have been different I bet. I'm sure you had a level-matching issue. 90W to the mids/highs and only 40W to the midbass, so the processor had to do a bunch of cutting and boosting during calibration to get the levels matched, which ate up headroom.
Its actually 35 watts for the mids and highs, and 20 watts for the midbass.

I actually tried having my sub play up to the mids and highs. It was a little bit better, so you might be right about level matching being part of the cause, but I still think it is worth it to just amp the front speakers, and even the center channel.

Having more power than necessary is good for sq, you'll never clip or hear distortion. I have Morel Hybrid Ovation II's in the front, and I had each of them wired on their own channel on a xd600/6. Then I tried each front speaker on 2 channels bridged getting 200 watts each, and it sounds much better, everything is just cleaner, even though it got loud enough for me before and sounded great.

Anyways from what I experienced with the ms8 it is lacking in power, but maybe I just had my expectations too high for what it is.
Appreciate 0