View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #155
WhiteShadows
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
im in the same boat at the moment. I copied everything over from my mac, plugged it into the glovebox USB and nothing happened at all.

Going to transfer the files to a pc, reformat the drive on the pc and copy them over again. See how that works out.
I don't think you can use a Mac. I have a Mac but did the transfer on Windows through Parallels. I'm thinking that your problem is that MacOS puts some hidden files on the flash drive, in order to be able to read the drive. Maybe that's the part that iDrive isn't recognising. I know when you transfer music onto a flash drive using MacOS and then try to play it using iDrive, the first couple entires are random folders that are hidden on MacOS... So my advice would be to use Windows through Parallels/VMware, or an actual PC. Format the drive first using Windows, then copy the folder + file using Windows Explorer, NOT Finder. After that's done, eject the drive without letting MacOS find the device (because as soon as it does, it adds all those extras). Also, like everyone else is saying, give it a minute to load in your car. I can't imagine it not working because I think I've counted 3 (myself included) 09/08 build E90s (updating from 2009-1 maps) who've had a smooth update.
Appreciate 0