12-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
JJANG1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post
I disagree on going just springs.

Honestly if you are on a lease fine - get yourself some springs - because you are going to turn in your car in with some blown shocks at the end right, at $200 its a cheap solution to get your car lowered. (H&R sports springs would be my personal choice).

Now if you own the car, lets think about it - you buy springs about what $200 and install another $300-$350 what about the install that costs money right. Then 8 Months down the line (this all depends on the driver - I am considering a non track person who if he owns a BMW probably drives is spiritedly from time to time)- your suspension starts to feel stiffer and your shocks get worn down.

So now you have to get shocks $700-$800 (Koni FSD or Koni Yellows would be my choice) - to compliment those springs - again your out paying for the install another $300-$350. And are the shocks complimentary(in terms of valving) to the springs, not really. So you spent about - $900 on the springs and shock and $600 or so on install after that year, total of $1500.

I don't know your call but I think why not get a coilover like KW its the same money if you really put it into perspective (unless you do your install all this void). But one can pick up an ST coilover for $975 - and it comes with a lifetime warranty! It's springs and shocks are made to work with one another, you are getting proper arm length, so bump steer is in affect.

So thats my 2 cents on it, Lease = why not just get some Springs. Purchase - coilovers - enjoy your car and get yourself a great suspension setup.
How about coilovers? once i get coilover, is it no problem during few years or need to change something in time period?
Appreciate 0