View Single Post
      06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Not worthless if they even partially cover braces / retainers etc. That shit's thousands of bucks.

Also, you never know. I just recently found out that for years upon years I've been brushing my teeth "wrong" and it just wasn't caught before. I apparently brush way too hard with a brush that has way-too-tough bristles and there are almost irreparable grooves dug into my teeth because of it, and it fucked up my gums and they receded. When the gums grew back, it was only afterwards that we found out that they grew over pieces of tooth where tartar had formed. Insurance covered an extra special cleaning procedure to clean that shit out. Good thing I have dental..

tl, dr, you never know what fucked up stuff will happen, so that's why it's called "insurance"
Dude, you have gotten so much WRONG information I don't know where to even start. You're gums won't grow back over calculus. Your calculus crept down into your gingival pockets. You're grooves are not caused by brushing too hard but by abfraction which is biting/clenching/grinding too much. Brushing too hard causes smooth surfaces and recession - imagine sanding. If you were to use sandpaper to sand something down, will it cause sharp edges or smooth edges?

Keep your dental insurance if you get it from an employer. If you have to pay for it, don't get any insurance.
Appreciate 0