10-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #37
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by will.c View Post
I think E90 M3 is one of the best dual-duty cars out there. You can track this basically out of the box, except maybe some track pads and fluid. If you're worried about crashing, track insurances can help you out for a reasonable cost. If you're worried about reliability, CPO or third party warranty.

That said, have you tracked your 335i? If so, have you come across overheating? If not, you should try it and see what happens. Everyone's driving style differs, and there are good & bad batches of 335i's, so I think it's worth a try to save all that time and money to get another car.

335i can be a beast at the track. A good driver will wipe the smiles off of many M owners' faces.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
From my experience the n52 does not suffer from overheating issues on the track auto or manual... Unfortunately on the track I find myself somewhat bored with the lack of power from the N52 even worse on the street...
+1, never had overheating issues on my n52 and it's seen plenty of hot weather track days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
+1! I don't know what people are talking about, but I saw a 328I overheat a few months ago at black hawk farms when it was 50F out!
Maybe the owner was overdue for water pump & tstat chanage