View Single Post
      08-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #59
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

My JB4 Threw Codes Under 1 Year

HA.....for those of you with the E model 3 series I envy you.

I ran stage 1 jb4 no issues for about 4-5 months. Wanted more power and a better exhaust so got an MPE and installed the stage 2 jb4.

No issues again for almost a year and now everything's gone to crap because from what tuner shops, 3 different dealers, 2 different SA's. all reading the codes on the diagnostic indicate the same 3 codes regarding failure to charge and no readings. A master BMW technician who opened his own shop with experience working on several JB4 tuned BMW's agree many people install incorrectly.

But he said my wiring was done exactly by the book and I must have had a faulty JB4 gone bad after almost a year. The module was never wet and was super clean when removed. A charge pressure sensor may have shorted out due to the JB4 Stage 2 module having a faulty ground sensor.

OR the DME is damaged from the short it's a 50/50 chance either way.

So in summary it has happened to my 2013 F30 335i N55 18,000 miles stock car pretty much with just the MPE.

Why would all these tuners in their fine print always say race track only or not liable for any damages yada yada yada....it's to cover their own ass if idiots can't follow instructions. But in the rare instance there STILL will always be a chance of a short damaging something related to your car DME or not.
Appreciate 0