View Single Post
      11-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

I discovered yesterday that the outboard double receptacle is missing my fusible links!

Plugged in my power wire, and no power - because the connector pins were grabbing NOTHING.

The above picture (which I had previously missed) explains why. Since the double-receptacles require 2 fuses, with 5 fuses included, there are none for the outboard receptacle!

Went to my local BMW dealer this AM... all the other parts guys have been very helpful, but I got a socially-retarded twit who should be restricted to the service-parts desk. After being treated as if I was a wholesale customer (I guess work pants and work jacket and not shaving on Saturday means I couldn't be a BMW OWNER : ) and being quizzed as to my plans, and being told that anything I did was "crazy", he finally shared with me that the distribution block is only available as a complete part for $68 retail (this agrees with what efunroom pointed out above).

So I have 850 watts at 4 ohms currently running off of two 8-gauge output leads, when I meant to have four 8GA outputs. I am wired to have two 8GA outputs feed a distribution block which converts to 4GA for a DC650, and then the other 2 8GA are feeding another distribution block feeding a DC200 and a DC500.

I have the parts to insert two single receptacles (I bought plenty of each) and that will be my workaround - I don't feel like modifying my fuse strip - but warning:

THE OUTBOARD DOUBLE RECEPTACLE DOESN'T WORK WITHOUT MAJOR CUSTOM MOD!
Appreciate 0