12-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #55
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyguy View Post
The 9500i and 9500xi both can remove false signal by GPS, so your friend that has one has no idea how to use his radar. To get rid of a false alarm forever, push the silent button 3x and its gone forever.

I drive 80% highway 20% city. Which isnt a small city by any means. They both hardwire the same, they both operate essentially the same. The 9500 has the upside of removing false alarms in 2 ways. You can do it yourself with the silent button, or after x amount of times if the radar is seen as a non threat it will remove it. As well on the fly you can mark normal speed traps so you have that reminder.

Both great radars, your not losing with either one.
What if I drive about the same in reverse? 80% city and 20% hwy? When I'm on the freeway, I admit I have a bit of a lead foot. I usually drive 80 on the freeway and obey speeds (for the most part) on the streets. I think I might try the 9500ix first and then a v1. The one I tested before was I think a regular 9500I (not sure what the difference is.) The 9500 was hardwired and the v1 was cig lighter adapted. They were both mounted a finger below the rear view's sensor and the v1 seem to be faster on the street but hwy, it wasn't as fast but still faster than the 9500 by a second or half second. Is your 9500 hardwired? Would it matter?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0