View Single Post
      12-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
ihavedrivenanm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ['02 e46] '06 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoutman
...but is its grip also thicker than the regular sport steering wheel (255) ?
Until some one can show me an official BMW spec I disagree that the M-Sport wheel is noticeably thicker than the U.S. spec ZSP wheel.

In the photographs below you can use the inside height of the multi-function buttons [the taller pair] for scale. In both photos the taller pair of buttons is the same dimension as the thickness of the round, or non-thumb section of both wheels. The sections used are immediately next to each other in terms of their plane of focus thus any distortions will be proportional.

Given that the buttons are a fixed dimension between all e90s, I am convinced that the wheels are of the same thickness save perhaps for a 1/16 of an inch or less [almost imperceptible] down to the difference in the types of leather used.

The point: I submit that anyone basing their decision to buy the M-Sport wheel on the assumption that it is thicker, that is that this is the primary reason for getting it [not the ‘M’ badge, not the perforated leather], that these people will be disappointed.

Cheers.

Appreciate 0