05-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #65
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
RichReg, I've read through this thread and the Bimmerfest thread posted for reference, but I can't understand why you said, "and also why my salesperson was so happy doing it for me". Would you mind explaining? Thanks.
Redstripe;

It has always perplexed me as to why E.D. discounting has always been a black or white situation (either they'll do it or they won't) and I think I see why. I only say that the salesperson is content because it would appear that the only one losing out on the deal is the dealership itself, in terms of the C.S.I. money. Because basically, many dealerships tell their salesman that E.D. sales do not get a discount and in turn, the salesperson gets the same commission, or maybe even less in these cases.

Most informed persons that do E.D. look for a discount. Did you know that some dealerships have a dedicated E.D. salesperson? This is usually the person that is tenured and has sold a lot of volume in his day. He is really the only one that sees the "extra" or marginal profit because the dealership itself is really the only one losing out (CSI money).

I just think that any particular dealership that has no problem discounting E.D. just makes it that much easier for the salesperson to make extra money. If they have an open policy of discounting those cars, I don't think they'd be making their salespeople very happy if they were penalizing them for it, so in fact I think the reverse is true: the salespeople can't wait to get one of those sales.

Just my "business" theory.....
Appreciate 0