View Single Post
      02-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas View Post
ill sum up what the poster is doing from what I know about alarms. he is powering up up the motion sensor with the add a circuit and grounding it wth the other wire that goes to chassis. the last wire (TRIGGER) when the motion sensor detect something will send the wire to ground or hot and trip the alarm. pretty simple and neat. not sure if Im going to do this or not.
CORRECT. Sorry to be long winded,... just making sure its clear what I did.

UPDATE!!: I do have one small issue that I'm currently resolving with my setup. First few days no issues whatsoever. Now, I have my "hood open" warning going off intermittently for about 1-2 sec. It seems to be going off only when the car starts to move from a stand-still and the Motion Sensor triggers a motion. Since it is hooked into the hood alarm sensor I think the car is beling fooled into thinking the hood is open. The alarm MUST have a separate "on/off" switch since I would think the alarm would go off while I'm driving if it didn't. I am currently working on the issue and seeing if I can rewire the sensor closer to the siren and bypass this issue (so the trigger is isolated to the alarm and not the "hood open" sensor as well).

I will update as soon as I get a resolution or have more information.

ANY IDEAS and INPUT IS APPRECIATED.

Last edited by 2007_E93; 03-01-2008 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0