View Single Post
      06-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #26
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostmg View Post
Ok i've been searching all over but can't find the answer to this.

I'm looking at 335 coupe. It's gotta have the sports package.

Do both the 335i and XI have the same sport suspension? My buddy tells me it doesn't...

Secondly, do 335xi's sit higher than the 335i?

Again i'm talking only about coupes.

335 xi sits higher and the suspension and handling is not the same as 335i. Drive each one of them through s-curves and you will feel the difference. The CG is lower on 335i and it has sharper handling including braking (less weight). I have 330i but my friend just replaced his '07 335i coupe with '11 335 xi and he doesn't like it. He didn't know that the xi's suspension and steering are different. I drove both and my 330i has razor-sharp handling compared to the xi's relaxed feel especially at higher speeds. The bottom line, my opinion, the xi has different handling characteristics compared to "i". There is no better or worse, both of them are fine machines with different purposes. If you are in PA xi is useless except for 2-4 months in a year, otherwise you are driving a 200 Lb fat chick with you all the time. Also, you will need winter tires if you go with "i" unless you have all seasons but they don't handle as well on dry roads. Good luck and post pics when you get your project!
Appreciate 0