View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakko View Post
Does your Blackberry Music Gateway automatically turn on whenever you turn on your car?

For example, can you just hop in your car, turn it on, and start playing some music from your iPhone?
Yes it does. If you power it from the USB port instead of the cigarette lighter, it actually turns on when you unlock the doors. That way the bluetooth pairing is complete before you even start the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakko View Post
And also, are you still able to control the volume from the iPhone? One thing I really liked about the line-out functionality of the 30-pin adapter was that I no longer saw the volume controls on the phone, it was just a line out and the volume was controlled through the car amp.
You can, by controlling the bluetooth volume. I don't see why that's useful when you have a knob AND steering wheel controls that work 10x better. But it is possible. Just be wary when you switch sources, because the aux is already lower than the other ones, and if you're at a comfortable volume level with the iPhone set at half, you'll blow your eardrums out when you switch to radio/cd.

Appreciate 0