makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
Update

Had install fitted today. Decided to go with three way up front. Mb quart.

Mb quart Rear speakers would not fit so had to go with Herts coaxial.

So have two pairs of mb quart coaxial speakers to sell.

I have gone with a standard front rear sub set up and not active.

Went with front end wired to 2ohm so have 92w rms per channel running off cross overs for 3 ways

Rear end wired at 4 ohm so have 66w per channel running coaxials

Sub in booted wired to 2ohm giving 556w rms on dual 4 ohm voice coil. Bass controller mounted in flap in dash under steering wheel.

We ran out of time to complete
Boot floor, but everything is wired up. Will complete install next week. I have taken lots of photos with SLR and video of complete install. Will take me a few days to edit the video.

Spent far too much money today about double what I intended.

I have not time aligned of played with eq settings so am listening flat.

One word.

Shamazing
Congrats James.

There are pros and cons of going standard vs network method.
With standard method, you get ambience/ HP at rears but in network you get excellent quality on the expense of rears.

How did the installer fit the front 3 way kit in 2 ohms impedence?

I am looking forward to see videos and photos.

I have semi-completed my fully active setup today and after Auto TA / EQ, it sounds awsome. I cannot fault anything at all.

When I met you last time, rear sub was out of phase. Pioneer reversed the phase for underseats (well known fact and well known person on this forum experimented that in 2009 with excellent results) and with that rear sub is in phase now.

Also, as you suggested bass was too much, so pioneer reduced low end to -10db level to finish the sound balanced.

Cannot complain, however sound mods never end. Looking to change underseats (just for experiment) and my focals are being delivered tomorrow.

When are you uploading photos / videos?