11-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #29
benyl
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '10 W204 w/m156

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
Nobody is saying that limited waiver of depreciation does not cover leased vehicles. What I am saying is that you do not get refunded for lease payments you have already made. It simply covers a shortfall in equity in the vehicle.

Call All State and ask them if they pay you, the lessee, for your past lease payments in the event of a total loss. I guarantee they will say no.

As Bora20 indicated, your sister-in-law may very well have received money to settle a personal injury claim, but she will not have received payment for past lease payments.

What more can I say? If you lease, you do not own the vehicle, period. The insurance company pays the lease company out in the event of a total loss.
If you read each of my posts, I specifically said that she got a check from Toyota and not the insurance company. There was no personal injury claim.

The limited waiver premium is paid by the user, not Toyota. All Toyota is interested in is the money they are owed or the car in return. They got the money. How can Toyota justify keeping the difference? They already got the lease payments and they got the buyout.

haha, I find it so funny that you guys are trying to be correct.

I just called BMW financial services.

They specifically told me that with the waiver of depreciation, all payments will be refunded to the customer in the event of a total loss on a lease.

So, if you do a one payment lease, get the waiver of depreciation. You will get the entire amount back.

Call them yourself if you don't believe me.