Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Cool

Try Duss Brothers 613-729-3245.
The first thing first is to check if there is any play on the wheels from the outer tie rods, then alignment, then check the suspensions, then check the strut towers, then reset the steering angles, etc, etc, etc.

Anything dealing with the front control arm, bushings, tie rods, and even the shock is a b1tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaddict View Post
Hi All:

Friday night coming from a long distance trip I managed to hit a giant pot hole (which followed with hitting the curb in my paranoid state) all at 120km/hr in 2008 335i coupe.

Front wheel is cracked and will be replaced (ordered one online already). However, I have my DSC and ABS/Brake light (both amber) on and the steering wheel is crooked (goes straight only when held a bit more that quarter turn from its standard spot).

In my 15 years of driving the 3'ers I have never had this happen to me, but looks like it was my turn (after reading about many such events on other forums).

Otto's is fully booked and I need to get the car ready (for my work) immediately. So my question: is there any local indy shop anyone can recommend that is as picky as I am regarding my suspension. I want it to be the way it was when new (or better!) and someone who will have updated equipment to deal with 335i's computer etc?

I get the feeling that there is some serious damage done because the rim is cracked from few places. I would think that much of an impact must have taken the front control arm, bushings, tie rods, and even the shock with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0