View Single Post
      01-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #105
hely
Registered
Rep
Drives: 316D

I have a standard professionel HU on my EU 2011 e90. Seems like I don't have most, no amp and no speakers at the mirrors. Just standard basic stereo.

If i relocate HU to the trunk with all wires, will i retain all the chimes like usual? I read that some of you loses volume etc, but i presume that it is on the non LCI with the small speaker under the steeringswheel/glovebox? Or do i also have the small speaker. For me it sounds like it comes out from the whole stereo system. I want to retain all the chimes on same level and volume.

My idea is to fit a Parrot Asteroid Smart HU to the front. Use amp lineout from the Asteroid and plug it into the original AUX. Then power both HU. All sound will go through the original system by AUX.

Buy the Metra kits and one Connects2 wheel adaptor. Splice it into one harness.

So the wheel controlls the Asteroid volume, navigation etc. And then have the Professional HU on a given max volume. I understand that i need constant 12V from somewhere else to the Parrot, but i don't need it for the original HU do i? It is just a simple extension?

Will it work? I will eventually also duplicate the ignition signal to the Asteroid.

Last edited by hely; 01-06-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0