View Single Post
      06-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #936
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
I should probably update on something I tried a couple weeks ago. Recent track days before this one have been a futile attempt to get a couple good sessions in before I go limp mode due to Coolant temps (335i, AT).

This last week I tried 100% water + water wetter instead of coolant, and that seemed to help a ton with the coolant temps. Granted I was still running in the 245°F range, but only got a coolant warning once, and never went into full limp mode. Was a 90+°F day too, so was pleased with the performance. For info, I have FBO (no meth) with Cobb AP. I put Cobb in Stage 1 Drive just to lower boost to put less heat into the system.

My oil temps run into the 290°F range, but I never limp due to those.

I also am curious on the Fog light delete, I bet it will help a couple degrees on your oil temps at the track.
1. Change your radiator. By 90K miles, mine was leaking, and clogged, despite spraying water at it.
2. Try and hose down your radiator (actually your condenser, but the radiator will get hit right behind it), before each session. That will radically lower your water, and even oil temps b4 you go out for a session. My water gets down to 59F to start the session. By the time I'm ending the session, I'm at 107F. This was suggested by The Hack, and it has eliminated the issues for me. I'm running Cobbs 100 Octane race map btw.

Last edited by Killerfish2012; 06-11-2013 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: grammer
Appreciate 0