View Single Post
      08-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
nkkenme
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 335i Sedan

N55 procede v2.5 and e85???

I've searched around a lot through not only this forum but Google as well and have had one hell of a time trying to get any information on tuning the procede for e85 on an n55. I have a pretty healthy tuning background on the Cobb with mazdaspeeds a lot of which ran e85 and loved it. My main question is for anyone out there running e85 are you using an auto tune map or a custom tailored map? If so which user adjustable parameters are you changing for the auto tune maps and what tables are you using for injector scaling, timing and so on if it's a custom map. I plan on doing a lot of testing at lower levels of e85 because in the mazdapseed platform the differance between 3or4 gallons of e85 compared to 100% were neglable to say the least, yeah there was a 5 hp differance and maybe 20 torque but it wasn't worth the risks with that fuel system. The amount of power that was made by the boosted and direct injected motor from the timing advances were crazy. Please if anyone has any information for me on where to start it would be greatly appreciated. I will be posting all my findings and test results here as well. Thanks everybody

Cheers
Tommy
Appreciate 0