View Single Post
      03-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #9
JPA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: German

When I get a speeding ticket I go down to the courthouse at the assigned date/time and try to find an assistant district attorney (ADA) to talk with before court even starts. Especially since you have a clean record, I would just be up front with the ADA/or judge and say I have no points and and I really don't want to start now I am really worried about my insurance. I don't mind paying a fine but could you please reduce to my fine to parking on a highway or a lessor charge and I have learned my lesson. This has worked for me twice in a row now [over the last ten years].

Just don't admit your guilt. You can say something like I think this is a mistake, or even I might have made a mistake but don't agree to the exact speed. If they won't go for parking on a highway just ask to please have the speed reduced, because you are sure you were not going that fast. Oh, dress up, preferably a suit.

Ever since I got my Lidar jammer and V1 the only ticket I have received is from a friggin' airplane.
Appreciate 0