Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
My local bmw dealer quoted me cheaper, i was hoping a private shop would be lower than bmw
I've heard some BMW dealerships have a cheaper price, but they don't use walnut shell blasting... they use chemicals to clean the valves and tell you that some vehicles may require multiple cycles of this treatment... so you might end up paying more than you expect. I actually called a few different independent shops and none of them were more affordable than VAC Motorsports... so I am a little skeptical if you tell me that your dealership will do the same work for cheaper. I've been wrong before, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Ya I was hoping the same thing. Cheaper would be nice. Especially when BMW dealers are charging way more labor per hour. But VAC are great professionals. I guess in this case, you get what you pay for. I think Id be more comfortable paying a few hundred more going to VAC knowing it will all be done correctly vs going to whatever dealership. But saving a few hundred would be nice also lol
If you ask me, I've seen BMW do a crummy job and skimp on repairs done on my car. They would do my oil change and not tighten the oil cap so oil splashed everywhere... they try to cut corners wherever they can, they replaced my turbos under warranty and when I got my DP's installed at VAC, they noted that the lines were everywhere and weren't fastened as they should have been... just poor service in general. And just today I had my windshield wipers replaced at the dealership and they put on the WRONG BLADES so the passenger side blade was hitting the car frame... the blade itself extended about 2cm past the A-pillar window border (as in, past the window, OVER the painted portion of the A-pillar)... would you really want a dealership with that kind of shoddy worksmanship opening up your engine and spraying media into your engine? What are the chances that they'll do a crummy job and lead to several return trips to fix what they messed up?

To be clear, I do not have any significant financial interest or other relationship with VAC Motorsports. That being said, IMHO, even if another shop / dealership offers this same service for $400, I'd still go to VAC, and that's my honest opinion based on my own personal experience.

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0