View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #1703
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90-328i View Post
hi, you may have answered this 20 times already but here it goes.
noob next door got outdoor latex paint drops on my hood and fender. will just washing it take it off? or am i in need of something else?
its 2011 montego blue metallic.
also he came over and looks like rubbed it with his finger and water, i hope it was not thinner! after i told him not to touch it till i find out whats best way
thanks
Sorry to hear about this situation, unfortunately it's not too uncommon. Definitely don't use any paint thinner and don't let him touch the car. Start off with a good wash but this will not remove the paint. Next use a clay bar and it should remove the paint no problem. Normally a fine grade bar (ie DI Accessories Gentle Fine Grade Clay) will clean most vehicles but sometimes with paint over spray we'll recommend a medium grade bar (DI Accessories Medium Grade Clay Bar), but it's hard to know for sure until you start using them. This should definitely remove it more safely than other methods. Another option is to use something like the 3M Adhesive Remover or the Stoner Tarminator. These can help loosen the paint over spray safely but it involves scrubbing with more force so I prefer to use a clay bar. Hope this helps!

I'd also take pictures of this just in case it caused any other damage to be on the safe side. Good luck!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0