07-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #107
PKizzle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36 M3, X4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbeemer View Post
Weird... think it's because I have DTC/DSC on that I don't feel it? Maybe it's because I'm coming from a modded AWD Subaru w/ roughly the same wtq so I just don't notice it as much? My car has 1500 mi on it now... still don't really notice it. Perhaps heat is a factor? It's been 92-100 degrees every day.

Anyways, don't know what the issue could be if it's NOT working.. and would feel silly taking it back to the dealer and asking them to look into why my overboost doesn't "turn on." Haha.
It's likely that you're just used to your tuned Subaru, which must have also been a good bit lighter than the E92. I switched to the 335is from a 6MT 335i and the difference to me is night and day. The 335i felt like a quick car...I liked it, but the power never felt overwhelming. The 335is on the other hand blew me away at first, and a year later, I am still startled by how much power it has...especially in the low to mid rpm range. At certain rev ranges...I believe this is the point when the overboost is best felt, the car feels just barely restrained like it could break loose at any second.

Last edited by PKizzle; 07-06-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0