View Single Post
      07-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Mark12
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

CPO BMW with Accident

I bought a Certified Pre-Owned 328i in Illinois about two months ago. I noticed the windshield wiper fluid kept emptying out after about 3 weeks, so I took it to a dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they said they couldn't replicate the problem. They refilled the tank and it emptied out again in 2 weeks.

Earlier today, I took my car to a different dealer and he said the car had been in an accident before. He also said BMW may not replace the part since it had been replaced and painted over. I wasn't aware of the face that the car had been in an accident at the time of purchase. In the end, the wiper fluid leak hasn't been fixed because I didn't want to end up paying out of pocket.

I'm planning on going back to the dealer I purchased the car from. Before I go see them, I'd like to learn more about accidents and CPO. I understand a BMW won't get certified if it had been in a "major accident". But, I don't know what's considered a major accident.

Please help me understand CPO a little better. It seems like the dealership/bmw should be responsible for fixing something that was broken when I got the car. Especially with the CPO warranty. I can use some feedback on this issue before I go see them.

Thanks
Appreciate 0