View Single Post
      05-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #1231
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by eolas View Post
This does not appear to work with the iPod Touch, since the Touch does not support the USB disk mode.
That does not sound right... the iPod Touch should be able to play thru the USB alone as well as the iPhone as both are fundamentally the same hardware but no cell phone.

Quote:
Is there a firmware update to allow 2010 versions of the 6FL to use the Apple USB cable as indicated for the 2011 model (per earlier post).
The OEM document is very specific:

Applicable only to 3-Series Coupé / 3-Series Convertible (with option code 606 or 609) and 7-Series, 03/2010 and later for the European market.

What could happen is that a software update after 03/10 for all CIC will have those features present but disabled. As stated before, my MY2009 has a Bluetooth Audio selection in its list of variables, and when enabled it actually shows up in the screen but it does nothing when selected. That tells me that at least my CIC software (I don't know which version it is but it looks like it was the bugfix of 03/09) has the "handles" for Bluetooth Audio, although the actual functional feature showed up a year later.
Appreciate 0