09-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #71
iturbo_bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman View Post
Did your car have the hard shift before the Alpina flash or did it develop immediately after the flash? My car is all stock, so there was nothing that could have interfered with the normal operation of the car. With a flash, I can't say for sure...unless you had this shifting problem before the flash. If the problem existed before the flash, then this will fix your issue. If the hard shift developed sometime after the flash, this will probably fix the problem. If your hard shift started immediately after the flash, then, the flash might be your problem. I'd have to troubleshoot it myself to know for sure.

Are you able to temporarily disable the flash to see if the hard shift is still there?

I also see you drive an '09...is it still under warranty? If so, INSIST the dealer replace the solenoids in the Mechatronics. It will be an uphill battle, but worth the fight.

Damn I don't remember when it started.. I just accepted it as normal so i didn't pay too much attention to it. but i think it has been more noticeable recently since the flash. I guess I need to pay more attention and find out when/how often my car does that. I'm all out of warranty and I would have to learn how to code/set up the programs in order to flash back to stock cause I ain't paying for it again
Appreciate 0