11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Yes, but that's only because their DME's are now advanced enough to make big corrections instantaneously. Our Siemens DME's have the provision to do so slightly, but Octane levels in petrol do not vary that much until you add E85 into the mix, so a standalone sensor combined with the PROcede aids the DME tremendously. Also,You are not comparing apples to apples here. Do regular flexfuel vehicles run like raped apes who you substitute gasoline with E85? No because they run much more conservative tunes.

I would call it the only "complete solution." Even a genius would benefit from it. I'll explain below.

Incorrect. E85 blends change throughout the year and Shiv did some testing that proved that its very difficult to predict when and how you fuel blend is mixing. He started a thread about it, I'll look it up for you if you missed it.

Incorrect. PROcede and Cobb have full ignition control. JB4 cannot advance timing it can only retard it, and that's only if you have the latest G5 board. Previous versions rely on the factory knock sensor to retard timing

Awesome man! I wish we had E85 here.

Benzy - You are I have had this discussion before. I'm not really sure how anything you said refutes my previous post. My takeaway is that you haven't dynoed your car and you believe in logging. Who doesn't?
such a fanboy, are you actually running the e85 sensor? logs?
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0