View Single Post
      02-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #106
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Big difference between stock suspension on an I which may have the sport suspension and the stock suspension on the xi which doesn't have the sport option and sits about 2 inches higher. Sounds like your comparison was the rwd since you said plenty of single turbos with stock suspension and this is your first awd single. So let's not mislead and claim the awd suspension is equivalent to the sport I suspension. Just saying and good work on getting the single to fit the xi.
+1. Stock Xi is pathetic. Stock non-Xi sport does not fit (in front). So really a Koni SA or Bilstein Sport + Eibach pro kit (say) just gets you to something a slight bit firmer and lower than the stock non-Xi sport. Which is a great suspension and a lot more appropriate for approx double stock WHP. I have Koni/Eibach and it's not at all harsh or extreme, quite the opposite much more livable on bad roads than stock Xi where I reside (8000 ft ASL CO mtns.). Even tho it is lower and firmer it is more supple (hard to explain). Plus relatively speaking it is cheap ($1k) and completely transforms the character of the car to something I want to toss around corners and over bumps, instead of cringe. Oh BTW I did ditch the RFTs first thing but OEM susp still sucked.

JMHO but stock XI susp is one of the worst OEM I've ever experienced.

Anyway back on topic, great news on the ST kit, can't wait for some real world numbers.
Appreciate 0