Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Sedan Sports

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupegt View Post
Hello,

Newbie here, my 1st post.... I would like to ask everyone if this set up will work:

2008 E90 328xi sedan, thinking of installing 193m style staggered 18 x 8 / 18 x 8.5 with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 225/40ZR18 & 255/35ZR18

questions -
a) since its a 4wd system is it ok to have the different ratio 40/35 ?

b) I currently have RFT 16", will the ride be much harsher ?

c) spacers - don't know too much about it, but I see many members talking about it, do it need it ? and if someone could explain the offsets?

d) lastly will this setup change my actual speedometer ? I read something here the actual speed is different with different set up ...

Thank you in advance to all the reply.... Just bought the E90 yesterday with 22k on the dial.
A) being an XI I think you are only limited on certain spacing and lowering options. With a staggered setup like that the rears will be a lower profile ratio so you're good there. That's what I run. I'm not positive about staggered on XI though
B)getting away from RFT will make your ride better regardless of the size.
C) check out the tire rack part of the forum. There are some awesome tutorials on offset/spacing/etc.
D)that shouldn't change. I went from 17 to 18 and as long as the math adds close on the calculator on the forum you'll be fine

Last edited by WapArtist; 01-09-2015 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0