BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
The facts in post #81 has been known by many for some time but a lot of wishful people think that a car maker must warranty a product in a form they never sold it despite the new vehicle warranty exclusions which prohibit Mods to the vehicle engineered specifications.
The exception I take is the "X is connected to Y is connected to Z" game that dealers will try and use (not every dealer does this but some of the stories are pretty bad). Denying service on wheel bearings because of non-rfts or on turbos because of a cat-back exhaust are completely ridiculous. Wasn't there someone who's catalytic converter warranty was denied because they had the valve opening wire unplugged? When BMW themselves sell an exhaust that bypasses the valve?

In many cases I agree with you however. There is a guy on another forum that always bashes his old N54 as having been a piece of junk - which he had modded to the hilt and was getting about 430hp out of, I'm always like, you don't think that had anything to do with your crappy reliability?
Appreciate 0