View Single Post
      05-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #282
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
What is the difference in the extended, gold, platinum and "race" warranty? I'm not sure if the dealership was bsing with me but they said that they have a race package which is a oil change at 5k miles, tranny and diff oil change at every 30k miles, and free product replacement at ever turn. They said it was 5k but it seems tooooooo damngood to be true. Has anyon ever hear of this?!?! They said that also if I get bmw perf items, they r in the waranty as well to be replaced such as rotors and free refinishing on CF ever 4 years and spring replacement in every 15k miles...... pleaaasseee tell me this is true! The waranty aparently lasts for 75k miles or 4 years...btw this was at. Long beach bmw, the guy I was talking to seemed pretty clueless, anyone around that can clear the clouds for me?
Was this their April 1 special? I think the guy was either pulliing your leg, or on drugs. First off, extended warranties do not cover any wear items. BMW's extended **maintenance** contracts cover the same things as the orignina "free" maintenance.

Racing voids most extended warranty contracts, in any case.
Appreciate 0