View Single Post
      06-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
My iDrive locked up a couple of times recently and the only way to reset it was to pull the battery connection. I took it into the dealer today who reset the fault codes. They said their next step would be to update the software. As I know I'm on fairly new software anyway I'm not sure it would make much difference.

They also said that updating the software wouldn't be covered by warranty. Is this correct for an AUC under its 1 year used warranty?
That's incorrect information regarding the warranty. Your car is covered under BMW AUC, and that includes any programming updates that are required as a result of parts failing. The fact your iDrive is locking up is a bit strange - the version of software you have is not by any means the very latest as there have been several iterations since then, but that version of software is known to be very stable.

It may be that there are a few updates that can be done, so I suggest that if the iDrive keeps locking up, you get it back into the dealer and they do the software upgrade FOC under the terms of the warranty.
Appreciate 0