View Single Post
      05-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #23
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Good grief. Wait for actual road tests, but a car that is limited to only 60% of the power to the rear wheels and defaults to fwd with no slip is very unlikely to be nearly as aggressive or rewarding to drive as a rwd or constant rate awd car.

Sadly, from interviews with the head of AMG, they're not even using the latest version of Haldex that runs a steady amount of power to the rear wheels, like the current Golf R, but an older version that defaults to 100% to the front.

So stop focusing solely magazine stats and learn something about how the car works and you'll understand why I think it's unlikely to be comparable to cars that it may be quicker than or make more power than. It is not a C Class with 4Matic, but an A Class with Haldex, sort of the difference of a 3er with xDrive and a Mini with Haldex.
Do you know that you make no sense at all? Who compares care based solely on the maker of the AWD?

How about you realize that I am comparing based on the size of the car (similar to the C, 3, A series), performance are comparable to the 335, S4, C350 (in terms of straight line speed), and they are all "luxury" sports sedan in the same price range.

Seems like you need some visual demonstration that one car is a luxury sedan while the other is a sport hatchback.

CLA45 VS:

Appreciate 0