View Single Post
      12-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #297
E90_320si
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320si -06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySi View Post
Hi, I have to say that i know it is hard to gain an accurate sound on a video, mine is much less tapperty than yours. checked the clearances this week and they didn't even need any adjustment. Dropped the oil again and a new filter and its as smooth as silk. 3k to its spark plug service now, probably do them next week just as a precaution. I rarely drive it hard but i do stretch its legs on a weekly basis. I have removed the VANOS solenoids and cleaned those of any swarf which can cause hesitation. All these little things help.

Hello Jonny S ! Can i do the VANOS solenoids check by my self you think? Can you show in a picture or describe in detail how to do?

All of us who drive`s this fantastic car must understand that Bmw developed this road car from a racecar and not vice versa, and this is very unusual. Itīs much harder to develop a racecar for the streets and expect it to start and work in all weather conditions than to develope a racecar from a streetcar and so on.. Just a reminder.. /Fredrik
Appreciate 0