View Single Post
      05-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
It is obvious that some people try to hide behind the MM Act because they are incapable of comprehending the English language.
well here's a smart one, so let me as you some questions.

1. SO during my "warranty" peroid, you want me to use only BMW LL01 approved oil, right? So can do I have to use the one at the stealership, or is it ok for me to use German made BMW LL01 oils such as pentosin, Total, motul, lubrimoly, etc? If its ok, and logical for me to go and buy these oils, with the same LL01 approval, written on the back labels by germans, and change the oil, then is my car still "warrantied"? When I come back to the stealership for work to be done on my car, can I show the the empty bottle with the LL01 written on the back label, just like the one they are selling?

2. If the answers to the above questions are yes, then if I change my oil with say redline, royal purple, or amsoil, and 4,000 miles later I come in for repair work, and they ask me if my oil was LL01 approved, and I say yes, how would they know the oil isn't? Oh, and don't tell me, its by the color of the oil, because thats just a stupid response.
Appreciate 0