08-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #4170
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezofchuck View Post
Actually, I read the entire thread almost in its entirety - but I asked a SPECIFIC person a very SPECIFIC question because he is using a macbook with parallels which would lead to issues that is not as commonly discussed. I am not a new member that doesn't know how to research an item before asking a question.

I already did all the steps you described so instead of taking all that time to tell me to search you could have left me something useful to read.

You sir also add to the "thread redundancy" by saying worthless things such as your quoted comment. Had I asked the thread NOT an individual something like - how do I get started or what cable do I buy or how do I download software, etc..maybe your comment would have been warranted.

you are actually worse than those people who go around asking noob questions because you didn't even READ my question. You jumped at the chance of telling something to "READ THE DAMN THREAD YOU MORON."

basically - you are a douchebag trying to lace a douchebag comment with smiley faces and "nice" connotation.

</rant>
Um, wow. Let's review:

1. If you only want an answer from a specific person, PM them. Quoting someone doesn't mean you only expect an answer from them. If you post in a thread, the assumption is that you're open to responses from the general population.

2. The fact that you're running an MBP with Parallels doesn't mean that some of the conventional wisdom and pitfalls wouldn't apply to you. And I'm sorry if you'd tried all of the things I recommended, but I had no way to know that from what you posted. It's not as if you said, "Here's my setup, I've read the thread and here's what I've tried unsuccessfully so far" so the rest of us would know that we could skip the typical recommendations that help the vast majority of the people on here. All you said was, "Here's my setup, here's the problem I have, what settings should I check?" I gave you basic troubleshooting information because you gave a basic description of your problem.

3. I definitely read your question, evidenced by the fact that ALL of the things I listed can cause the behavior you're seeing. And if you read this thread as well as others you'll find that I'm not some "douchebag" who doesn't bother to read people's questions and jumps at opportunities to piss people off. I post when I feel I can contribute something worthwhile, and responses to my posts from other members here and elsewhere indicate that they appreciate most of what I say. Look me up or ask around. Nothing in my post indicates that I didn't read yours, just that you didn't provide sufficient information for any more advanced recommendations. I told you to read the thread because your post made you sound like every other person who's posted here asking the same damn question over and over again -- but even so, if you read back you'll find that I've already taken time to answer THOSE people, just as I answered you. If I'd wanted to be a douchebag, my response to you would've just been the Search emoticon; instead, I typed up a list of troubleshooting steps, which incidentally helped someone else here who was running YOUR EXACT SETUP. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

4. Even my smiley was sincere. I meant that as a "I'm happy to help, but please search next time", not as an F- you couched with a smile.

Chill out.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 08-20-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0