335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Jack. Like you i started from stock. The 2d track day was a little wet so i think it tended to amplify the shortfalls of the car. I knew after day 1 i would need a brake upgrade (pads) and LSD. I could feel brake fade on successive laps and also could feel an inability to put all mu power down without DSC kicking in out of corners. Suspension mods are needed too but im surprised VAC didnt sell you on brakes first.
VAC put stainless steel lines on. I have never noticed any problem with brake fade at the HPDE. Maybe it's 'cuz I am not going all out in the sense of waiting to the bitter end and hitting the brakes hard. I am never hard on brakes, so maybe it's just the way I drive. Having said that, I do recall at the end of one or two sessions I was starting to feel or sense something about the brakes. If I were going to make a habit of the HPDE (still TBD), I would probably improve the pads for the track. That's about all though. The next circuit I will probably do is the Main Circuit at Summit Point, and my guess is that it will be harder on brakes than the other two circuits.
Appreciate 0