View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
BoostAddict
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM 335i

2008 E90 N54 Custom precision 6466 project/build thread

I'm posting this over here for my buddy Dan. He works in Alaska and can only access the internet on his phone, and asked that I move his thread to E90post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post

@*********** @RabbitPusher @Terry@BMS

So most of ya know i blew the stock turbos...
A lot knew i had talked about going a different route with the rebuild and i havent posted lately as I havent had much updates but here we are, in motion now.

We pulled the dps to see what the gig was today and found it was just one turbo blown. Exhaust side turbine is simply gone.. Probably left it on the road as i have free flowing no Cat dual exhaust lol.

So now that thats done, the car is going to get trailed to Proven Power in Tampa, FL where they will build a custom manifold, head flange and downpipe. Car goes to them next Sunday Dec 30.

When i get back home again from work in alaska around Jan 18th we will pick up the car and put it all together.
*********** and Rabbitpusher will be putting it all together, so they can answer any of the more technical questions.

The new turbo is a Precision 6466 vband .84 a/r with 3 5/8" V band discharge. We are going to do a single 4" exhaust.

To start the car will run on fixed boost of the wastegate spring at 15psi most likely. Once its up and running the car then gets shipped to Terry for some special TLC and boost control/tuning. Ill keep this thread updated with full disclosure and pictures of the manifold/dp fabbing will be up as soon as i get pics.

*********** pulling the dps, all the oil lol, and the blown turbo... and some pics of the new turbo.

Last edited by BoostAddict; 02-13-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0