View Single Post
      02-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #60
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
The 3 has the American proven market. The 3 is less than 200 pounds heavier. The 3 is less than $4000 more expensive when similarly equiped. From Fastestlaps.com, there is NO evidence to support the notion that the 135i is faster around a track than the 335i.

I just don't see the point in having a smaller car just because its smaller, nor do I want to drive car that's physically small, yet not light by comparison with similarly sized cars. My 3er is small enough in a world of SUVs and semis. If i'm going to buy something smaller, it better have something else it brings to the table. And the 135i doesn't.

200 pounds is significant, but it's not mind altering. Do you drive your 335is with 1 passenger and say "damn my car is a pig"? No.

Please don't shoot the messenger, in BMW's own words they have clearly sent a message to the GT market. Either your wrong, or BMW is. I tend to lean towards them. As suspected, BMW fibbed a tad on it's weight. I suppose BMW did that, as to not step on anyones toes!

Again, please study what BMW has done here. Your not comparing the 335i to a Lexus, but another BMW. Why would BMW build a limited production, smaller car with Brembos, then make it handle "just as good as the 3 series" when BMW intentions have been performance based since it's inception....! We've just witness the 135i equal a Cayman in the slalom/track. I don't recall the heavier 335i handling that well.

The 135i is not a 335i! Thankfully, for many that is an extremely good thing!
Appreciate 0