View Single Post
      10-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
In process of ditching my Cobb and ETS 5" (running stage 2+ on shitty CO 91 octane) set up for JB4 G5 ISO + Meth + VRSF 7" FMIC. Other mods presently are ER CP, Forge DV, VRSF Khatless DP's. This is an XI with AT.

Just some pics for now of the FMIC's, installed the 7" today and went for short test drive. Will do some logs soon, using the Cobb stage 2+.

Install was straight forward, trimmed out much of the lower inner shroud with a Dremmel. Did not need to remove the front bumper fascia. Hardest part was the FMIC to lower charge pipe clamp going on the driver's side, man that was a bear to get seated and tight.

Here's a few pics of the 7" vs 5" side by side. It is HYOOOGE.

Next step is the JB4 and once I get comfortable with that and all buttoned down, BMS 2.3 gal trunk methanol kit. One of the things I am going after is high altitude heat soak. I live up in the Rockies at 8k ft ASL, and run up to 12k ft often. Never get much lower than 6k ft over in Durango area.

Heat soak on my typical climb from say 7500 in Pagosa Springs to 12000 Wolf Creek Pass is unreal. Keep in mind ambient is 10-11 PSI, DA on even a moderate day at the top can be over 16000 ft. Crazy. As a result you often see only 25-26 PSI absolute (15 boost + 10-11) on pulls "down" at 8k, and even then some timing will get pulled depending on how hot it is.

More later as I get this set up and debugged. Thanks to Jeff at Top Gear for good info and great prices.
Thanks for your continued support!

You live in extreme conditions so the data should be interesting.
Appreciate 0