10-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #211
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
lol. if you look at non-bmw communities, everyone talks about the 335i. Im sure they all know what is happening here.
Yeah, no kidding. We've been recieving emails from people on the 350z, audi, subaru, volvo, honda and, of course, evo forums. To say that the 335i has universal appeal would be an understatement.

-shiv

PS. The exhaust will be slighly louder than stock. This we can't avoid since the exhaust mufflers aren't internally chambered (which hurts power). But no one so far has ever commented that they find it too loud. It's not as quiet as stock at cruise. But this is because the stock muffler, during low load, shuts off the driver's side exhaust tip and routes all the exhaust out the passenger side muffler. This makes it sound like a muted 6 instead of two 3 cylinder running side by side. Under boost, this thing sounds awesome. The production exhaust will have larger muffler bodies which will make it a bit quieter than what we have now but it'll never be as quiet as stock (which I and others I've talked to thought was a good thing!) Different strokes for different folks i guess

Last edited by OpenFlash; 10-06-2006 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0