12-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #10
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
What are they like with Bass since that is one thing I need them to be good at the most as love my D&B
I had a quick listen to pendulum just. These headphones are the most true replication of sound I've heard in headphones regardless of the music, they are like studio monitors either side of your head.

They are a closed back design so you get good bass impact, against an open design that overcompensates bass for example. It keeps the overll sound balanced. They reproduce bass as the engineer/artist intended it to sound I think.

I always test any speakers or headphones with the Damien rice track, the blowers daughter. In the second verse it has a base sound so low than only good speakers can replicate it with proper conviction. On some budget speakers it doesn't even sound like its there or sounds very thin.

These headphones had no issues reproducing this bass sound, much better than my supposedly good Sennheiser HD 25. The sound is all personal preference tho if you get serious. My sens are quite bright sounding and after prolonged use in clubs gave me tinnitus I think. The beyers are very neutral and I believe make music sound just as it was intended.

You might be used to a slightly coloured sound when listening to your d&b naturally favouring headphones that over emphasise the bass. I certainly wouldn't discount the beyers, they are much beefier than my sens but maybe not as bass powerful as the beats. I listened to the beats at the gadget show exhibition last year. The lack of clarity and overpowering wooly bass just sounded like shit to me.
Appreciate 0