09-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
deano802
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmw View Post
There will be negotiation in the dealers price so don't dismiss them out right. I got £500 off, plus free tow bar and electrics (£500), a body work repair, 1 years warranty and roadside assistance, LR service and a years RFL (£450 ish) when I purchased a Discovery 3 XS auto for my wife last weekend. He also gave us a very healthy discount on the rear tints.

Like you I wanted leather but would have had to go for an HSE over the XS but they cost 35% more so not worth it for leather and xenons as ours was already specified with sat nav, convenience pack and hi end stereo. The dealer could get leather fitted to 5 seats for £900.

Thats why I like this deal, its a GS which is a lot cheaper than the supposedly higher spec models, but has leather, climate control, privacy glass as extras, just doesn“t exist on the approved used stock!!!

Anything with leather on the approved used starts at 22ish but i could pick this up for 18 with 6 months left on the warranty and 20k miles.

The only worry for me is after the warranty runs out but I think for my initial saving its worth the risk.

PS nice pics!
Appreciate 0